Policies and procedures
A core function of Salford Safeguarding Children Partnership (SSCP) is developing procedures and policies for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Many of the Greater Manchester Procedures were adopted from 19th March 2013. Direct access to the Greater Manchester (GM) Safeguarding Children Procedures Manual is available.
Local polices and procedures
Salford policies, procedures, guidance and toolkits can be accessed from the drop down menu below and via the relevant sections of the SSCP website where appropriate.
If you cannot see the policy you are searching for please also check the 'Pathways from GM Procedures to Salford Practice' below.
- Adolescent Strategy (SSCP) 2023 - 2026
- Adolescent Strategy (SSCP) 2023 - 2026 Summary Version
- Children living with substance misusing parents (Adobe PDF format, 133kb)
- Escalation Policy/ Effective challenge and escalation procedure (Adobe PDF format 518kb)
- Hard to engage families - advice for practitioners (SSCP 2023)
- Joint Working Protocol - SCC Children's Services & Achieve Recovery (Adobe PDF format, 483 kb)
- Lead Professional Handbook (Adobe PDF format, 630kb)
- MAPPA policy document (2022)
- Practice Review Policy and toolkit (Adobe PDF format, 889kb)
- Pre-birth process flowchart
- Pre-birth strategy theory of change
- Restorative conference report for initial case conference
- Restorative conference report for a review child protection case
- Safe recruitment policy (Adobe PDF format, 1mb)
- Safe recruitment good practice guide (Microsoft Word format, 416kb)
- Salford Safer Sleeping Policy Guidance April 2021 (Adobe PDF format, 1.12mb)
- Safeguarding Children in Jewish Educational Settings and the Community 2022
- Safeguarding template for voluntary organisations, community groups and social enterprises
- Salford standards across adult and children safeguarding (Adobe PDF format, 104kb)
- Schools Code of Conduct for employees in Schools/PRUs
- Schools DSL Supervision Template for Educational Settings (2023)
- Schools KCSIE training requirements in Salford September 2022
- Schools low level concerns policy template 2022
- Schools safeguarding children policy template (2022)
- Schools safeguarding children audit tool (2022)
- Schools Salford Domestic Abuse Guidance for Education (2023)
- Schools Whistleblowing policy for schools April 2021
- Schools Whistleblowing policy template (2022)
- Support and Safeguarding: Helping Children to Thrive Guidance 2022 (formerly the 'Thresholds of Need')
- Supporting Guidance for Children's and Adults Services in responding to Safeguarding Concerns
- Think Child Guidance (Adobe PDF format, 242kb)
- Unregistered Provision Procedure (Adobe PDF format, 455kb)
- Use of Force and Restrictive Practices DRAFT (2022)
- Working with resistant families (Adobe PDF format, 124kb)
- Young Person's Plan (YPP) (Adobe PDF format, 1 mb)
North West Inter-Local Authority Transfer Process
- NW Children in Need Moving across Local Authority Boundaries Procedure 2021
- NW Notification and Transfer of Children Subject of Child Protection Plans across Local Authority Boundaries Procedure 2021
- NW Pre-Care and Care Proceedings Notification and Transfer across Local Authority Boundaries Procedure 2021
Pathways from GM procedures to Salford practice
The introduction of GM-wide procedures will lead to increased consistency of practice. But there will, for the time being, still be some local variations. In this section we describe how, for specific procedures, the GM versions should be interpreted for implementation in Salford. This is where 'Pathway Guidance' will assist. The Pathway Guidance can be accessed here.
® Register for Alerts to keep up to date
The best way to keep up to date with new procedures, or amendments to existing procedures, is to register for alerts. To do this go to the Register for Alerts page and complete the brief online form.
Details of all the latest news from the Salford Safeguarding Children Partnership.