Policies and procedures
A core function of Salford Safeguarding Children Partnership (SSCP) is developing procedures and policies for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Greater Manchester Procedures were adopted from 19th March 2013, however some local policies and procedures remain in place and can be accessed at the bottom of this page.
Direct access to the Greater Manchester (GM) Safeguarding Children Procedures Manual is available.
Pathways from GM procedures to Salford practice
The introduction of GM-wide procedures will lead to increased consistency of practice. But there will, for the time being, still be some local variations. In this section we describe how, for specific procedures, the GM versions should be interpreted for implementation in Salford. This is where 'Pathway Guidance' will assist. The Pathway Guidance can be accessed here (LINK).
® Register for Alerts to keep up to date
The best way to keep up to date with new procedures, or amendments to existing procedures, is to register for alerts. To do this go to the Register for Alerts page and complete the brief online form.
- Challenging behaviour strategy (Adobe PDF format, 832kb)
- Children living with substance misusing parents (Adobe PDF format, 133kb)
- Children missing from education
- E-Safety Practice Guidance (Adobe PDF format, 638kb)
- Escalation procedure (Adobe PDF format 540kb)
- Joint Working Protocol - SCC Children's Services & Achieve Recovery (Adobe PDF format, 483 kb)
- Lead Professional Handbook (Adobe PDF format, 630kb)
- Practice Review Policy and toolkit (Adobe PDF format, 889kb)
- Responding to extremism (UNDER REVIEW)
- Risk management of known offenders (Adobe PDF format, 76kb)
- Safe recruitment policy (Adobe PDF format, 1mb)
- Safe recruitment good practice guide (Microsoft Word format, 416kb)
- Safe sleeping guidance (Adobe PDF format, 1mb)
- Safeguarding Children in Jewish Establishments (Adobe PDF format, 479kb)
- Safeguarding template for voluntary organisations, community groups and social enterprises
- Salford standards across adult and children safeguarding (Adobe PDF format, 104kb)
- Schools safeguarding children policy template (Adobe PDF format, 1.08 mb)
- Schools safeguarding children policy template (Microsoft Word format, 4.2mb)
- Signs of Safety Report Template - Initial Child Protection Case Conference (Microsoft Word format, 334kb)
- Signs of Safety Report Template - Review Child Protection Case Conference (Microsoft Word format, 334kb)
- Supporting Guidance for Children's and Adults Services in responding to Safeguarding Concerns
- Unregistered Provision Procedure (Adobe PDF format, 455kb)
- Working with resistant families (Adobe PDF format, 124kb)
- Young Person's Plan (YPP) (Adobe PDF format, 1 mb)
Details of all the latest news from the Salford Safeguarding Children Partnership.