Peer Review of Multi-agency Safeguarding Arrangements 2020
We recently commissioned Carole Brookes Associates Ltd to independently evaluate the effectiveness of our multi-agency Safeguarding Children Partnership Arrangements which we implemented in April 2019.
Bolton Safeguarding Children Partnership was a critical friend in the peer review and supported us to assess strengths, observations and identify areas for improvement.
The review took place during a challenging period as agencies were all embracing new ways of working and digital technology to sustain service delivery in response to the pandemic. It has been helpful to hold the mirror up, reflect on our journey and is something that should be celebrated.
Salford is a strong partnership and the findings evidence we are going well beyond compliance but it identified key areas for improvement to maintain the robust partnership. An action plan is being drafted by the Safeguarding Operational Group to ensure the learning is taken forward.
For more information download the findings or contact SSCP Business Unit email: email@example.com
New SSCP YouTube Channel
We have recently launched our new SSCP YouTube channel to share lessons learnt from case reviews, multi-agency briefings and practitioner forums.
February uploads includes the Obesity Pathway
To subscribe to our channel or watch the videos visit Salford Safeguarding Children Partnership - YouTube
Learning from Practice Reviews
Safeguarding Adults Review (SAR) Eric
The report and seven minute briefing for the recently completed safeguarding adult review ‘SAR Eric’ was published 12th January 2021 and is available to view on the SSAB website.
Housing Awareness Pack
As a result of a recent joint Salford Adult Review (SAR) / Domestic Homicide Review, housing sector colleagues in Salford have come together to develop an awareness package to increase knowledge of partners to the way housing is made up, the support available, particularly where there are welfare or safeguarding concerns and there is a lack of engagement from the household and the range of powers available to housing to intervene.
The pack includes:
Spotlight Briefing Powerpoint Presentation
The pack can be found at https://safeguardingadults.salford.gov.uk/guidance-pages/housing/
Other National Days - March 2021
Useful Links to Training, Information and Resources
The SSCP has developed a Virtual Training Programme offering webinars, spotlight briefings, practitioner forums and videocasts. Our training programme is complemented by e-learning courses, 7 minute briefings Learning from Practice Reviews, Learning Events and by subscribing our new SSCP YouTube channel. We will continue to review the possibility of offering face to face training in line with Government advice and local needs.
- Visit also Salford Thrive for further Training, Resources and Events including Eating Disorders, Psychological First Aid, Mindfulness, Helping young people with anxiety, low mood and depression during Covid 19
- The Emotional Health Service Directory will help you access useful resources and services available to support children and young people's emotional health and well-being and to provide guidance when making a referral into services.
- To support us to become more aware of trauma and how we can support resilience across the City, take a look at The Salford Way which includes self care resources for taking care of ourselves and our colleagues.
Safeguarding Resources, Training and Information
- Domestic Abuse Awareness - Training, Information, 7 minute briefings and facts sheet
- Latest Greater Manchester policies Tri-X briefings, Tri-X Circular and Tri-X Resource Hub – includes Good Practice Supporting the Voice of the Child
- Local supporting pathways and policies including Professional Challenge and Escalation Policy
- Lessons Learnt from Practice Reviews including Chronology guidance and Ecogram guidance
- SSCP 7 Minute Briefings: Jo Rapid Review, Learning from Lockdown, Sexting
- SSAB 7 minute Briefings:Eric, Safeguarding Adult Reviews, Housing
Other Updates and Information
- Salford Safeguarding Adult Board Latest News
- Early Help Newsletter (Winter 2021)
- COVID-19 VCSE Update: Response and recovery (16 April 2021)
- NSPCC Newsletter (19 April 2021)
- Child Safeguarding Practice Review Panel Newsletter (March 2021)
- GMCA News Bulletin (April 2021)
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Association (April 2021)