Report a child concern
Physical abuse involves physical harm or injury to a child. It may be the result of a deliberate attempt to hurt the child but not always.
It can be the result from severe, inappropriate discipline such as using a belt on a child or physical punishment that is inappropriate to the child's age or physical condition.
You may be concerned about:
- unexplained recurrent injuries or burns
- improbable excuses or refusal to explain injuries
- wearing clothes to cover injuries, even in hot weather
- bald patches
- chronic running away
- fear of physical contact - shrinking back if touched
- admitting that they are punished, but the punishment is excessive (such as the child being beaten every night to 'make him study').
There may be other things you have observed or have been told not included in the list above. No child should live in fear of the people who should be caring for them.
If you are worried or concerned about anyone under 18 please get in touch, it could be that one phone call from you could help safeguard the wellbeing of a child who may be at risk. Our trained staff are ready to listen to your concerns and offer advice and help.
Please contact the Bridge Partnership on 0161 603 4500 or email email@example.com
If a child is in immediate danger and being harmed or home alone, call the Police on 999.
Details of all the latest news from the Salford Safeguarding Children Partnership.