The Bridge referral process
All enquiries concerning the welfare or safety of a child or requests for information MUST BE SENT DIRECTLY to the Bridge Partnership.
The Bridge Partnership can be contacted on 0161 603 4500. All referrals and requests for support must be completed on the online referral form. The Bridge Partnership is available Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm. For any problems related to the portal contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to speak to someone outside these times, please contact the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) on 0161 794 8888. If a child is in immediate danger of being harmed or is home alone, call the police on 999.
If you are worried about an adult - Report abuse or neglect by telephone on 0161 206 0604 and for further information visit https://www.salford.gov.uk/adult-safeguarding
How to make a referral or a request for support
- On the first occasion (or preferably in advance) you will need to create an account to be able to refer or request support.
- The Child(ren) should be a Salford resident.
- You will need to identify if you are referring a Child Protection Matter or Requesting Support for a Child or Family with Needs.
- If it is a Child Protection referral this should be a child(ren) at risk of significant harm (Getting Risk Support). Consent should be gained where it is appropriate, however this can be overridden if appropriate. You will be asked to advise what measures are in place to increase the child(ren)’s safety ahead of The Bridge contacting the family.
- If it is a Child(ren) requiring support (Getting Help, Getting More Help) consent should have been gained in advance of making the referral, you will be asked how you will be continuing to support the family.
- The Voice of the Child / family has been a focus in the development, we want to know:
- What is their lived experience?
- What is it they want to happen?
How to set up an account:
The information required to set up an account: your name, address, email and a password. The benefit of this process is the information is then copied into the referral form to prevent it needing to be re-written. For a professional account a work address and email are recommended to be used.
Once the email and password is set the details can be saved so you will only require one click for all subsequent logins. The account also saves all your details and will prepopulate the referral form each time you log in to save you time.
Each time you log in a verification code is sent to your registered email to verify your identity, this usually arrives quickly, but please check your junk folder just in case.
Please remember that professionals making referrals to the Bridge cannot choose to remain anonymous. (See 4.2 Making Referrals to Children's Social Care, Section 4 of the Greater Manchester Safeguarding Children Procedures Manual)
The ability to make a referral anonymously should only be used by a member of the public.
If you have any difficulties or require guidance when using the new referral form you can still contact the Bridge on the usual number 0161 603 4500 or email email@example.com
Details of all the latest news from the Salford Safeguarding Children Partnership.