7 Minute Briefings
The SSCP have introduced 'seven minute briefings' to allow managers to deliver a short briefing to staff regarding a particular subject.
The briefings provide a mixture of new information such as learning from Serious Case Reviews or a reminder of basic information with challenge questions for teams to think about the application to practice within their teams.
Seven minute briefings are based on a technique borrowed from the FBI. It is based on research, which suggests that seven minutes is an ideal time span to concentrate and learn. Learning for seven minutes is manageable in most services, and learning is more memorable as it is simple and not clouded by other issues and pressures.
If you have suggestions for future briefings you would find helpful, please email your suggestions to the SSCP training coordinator email: email@example.com
The briefings can be downloaded below.
- Beds in sheds
- Child Neglect
- Children missing from education
- Domestic Abuse
- Elective home education
- Route to legal proceedings
- Route to legal proceedings (plain text)
- Safeguarding information for volunteers
- Safeguarding information for volunteers (plain text)
- Safer Sleep
- Salford Safeguarding Children Partnership
- Salford standards for listening
- Salford Standards for listening (plain text)
Case Review 7 Minute Briefings
- Baby MD (Adobe PDF format, 661kb)
- Case Review Themes 2017-18 (Adobe PDF format, 743kb)
- Case Review Themes 2017-18 Plain Text (Adobe PDF format, 440kb)
- Child MT (Adobe PDF format 759kb)
- Child T (Adobe PDF format, 765kb)
- Child H (Adobe PDF format, 533kb)
- Child C (Adobe PDF format, 542kb)
- Child DQ (Adobe PDF format, 561kb)
- Child DQ Plain text (Adobe PDF format, 387kb)
Details of all the latest news from the Salford Safeguarding Children Partnership.