Scared or worried

If you're scared and find yourself in difficulties there is always someone who can help no matter what the problem.

Under 18?

Visit the Childline website for help and advice.

18 or over?

Call the NSPCC helpline 0808 800 5000.

If you need to talk to someone because you're under stress call 42nd Street on 0161 832 0170 on Monday, Thursday and Friday between 12.30 to 4.30pm. Or visit the 42nd Street website. They offer counselling and psychotherapy, drop-ins, plus much more.

If you want to talk to someone in confidence about drug and alcohol issues, Salford SMART can help. Call 0161 743 0162, Monday to Friday. Alternatively call FRANK on 0800 77 66 00 or visit the FRANK website.

If you want to talk to someone in confidence about alcohol issues call Drinkline on 0800 91 78 282.

If you want free and confidential advice on all aspects of sex and relationships talk to Brook Salford on 0808 802 12 34. Visit their website for your nearest centre. Alternatively, visit the NHS website

If you need to talk to someone about domestic violence:

Salford Women's Aid Outreach
0161 793 3232

Talk in confidence, drop-in, crèche and counsellors.

Women's Domestic Violence Helpline
0161 636 7525

Monday to Friday, 10.00am to 4.00pm. Advice, support and referral to refuges.

Men's Advice Line
0808 801 0327

A service for men experiencing abuse in relationships.

Domestic Violence Helpline
01925 220 541

24 hour helpline for victims in the north west.

If you're experiencing feelings of distress or despair and want confidential, non-judgemental emotional support, call The Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90.

If you need help immediately call the police - 999. If it is not so urgent you can visit the Greater Manchester Police website. Type in Salford in the search box and a list of your local police stations including telephone numbers will come up.

Latest news

Details of all the latest news from the Salford Safeguarding Children Partnership.