Skip to main content Skip to footer

Drug or alcohol abuse

Research indicates that parental drug and alcohol use can have significant, damaging and long lasting consequences for children.

The children of such parents are entitled to help, support and protection within their own families wherever possible.

If you believe that a child is suffering due to their parents' drug or alcohol use, or you require support in caring for your child as you have a dependency on drugs or alcohol please call the relevant number below:

  • For drug services covering Irlam, Cadishead, Eccles, Weaste, Seedley, Kersal, Charlestown, Langworthy, Pendleton, Ordsall and Broughton call 0161 787 7343.
  • For drug services covering Little Hulton, Walkden, Worsley, Boothstown, Swinton and Pendlebury call 0161 703 8873.
  • For alcohol services citywide call 0161 745 7272.

Alternatively you can call the Referral and Initial Assessment Team on 0161 603 4500 or email

If a child is in immediate danger of being harmed or is home alone call the police on 999.

Latest news

Details of all the latest news from the Salford Safeguarding Children Partnership.

Cookie notice

Find out more about how this website uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience.