Changes to The Bridge referral process
As part of the implementation of LiquidLogic, Salford Children’s Services’ new case management system and the ongoing Bridge Transformation project there are some important changes coming to the referral process to The Bridge (incorporating Children’s Social Care & Early Help). This includes a new referral form, which has been designed to get the right help at the right time for children, young people and families, supported by some key process changes.
From Monday 9 August 2021, the new form will automatically replace the Worried About a Child form on the existing Salford City Council webpage. If you access the referral via the Worried About a Child page the link will automatically take you to the new referral form. If you have a link to the current form saved as a favourite it will no longer work after this date, the new link will be sent out as soon as it goes live.
- On the first occasion (or preferably in advance) you will need to create a LiquidLogic log-in to be able to refer or request support. You can create an account at any time after the system goes live on 9 August.
- The Child(ren) should be a Salford resident.
- You will need to identify if you are referring a Child Protection Matter or Requesting Support for a Child or Family with Needs.
- If it is a Child Protection referral this should be a child(ren) at risk of significant harm (Getting Risk Support/Threshold Level 4). Consent should be gained where it is appropriate, however this can be overridden if appropriate. You will be asked to advise what measures are in place to increase the child(ren)’s safety ahead of The Bridge contacting the family.
- If it is a Child(ren) requiring support (Getting Help, Getting More Help / Threshold levels 2&3) consent should have been gained in advance of making the referral, you will be asked how you will be continuing to support the family.
- The Voice of the Child / family has been a focus in the development, we want to know:
- What is their lived experience?
- What is it they want to happen?
How to set up an account:
The information required to set up an account: your name, address, email and a password. The benefit of this process is the information is then copied into the referral form to prevent it needing to be re-written. For a professional account a work address and email are recommended to be used.
Once the email and password is set the details can be saved so you will only require one click for all subsequent logins. The account also saves all your details and will prepopulate the referral form each time you log in to save you time.
Each time you log in a verification code is sent to your registered email to verify your identity, this usually arrives quickly, but please check your junk folder just in case.
If you have any difficulties or require guidance when using the new referral form you can still contact the Bridge on the usual number 0161 603 4500.
Details of all the latest news from the Salford Safeguarding Children Partnership.