Knowledge of child protection procedures and system; ability to recognize child abuse; attendance at SSCB foundation training course.
To enhance the multi-agency work within child protection core groups.
- To give participants an understanding of the function and role of core groups developing and implementing child protection plans.
- To enable participants to understand their respective roles and responsibilities in working with children subject to a child protection plan.
- To explore the issues of working together with other agencies.
- To enable participants to anticipate and problem-solve difficulties which may arise in core group working.
- To enable participants to explore the benefits to children and families of multi-agency core group working.
Participants are often asked to reflect on the emotional impact of the work they do and how it can be managed. Some handouts are provided on the day and others sent by email after the course.
Duration and time
Half day, times may vary
It is important to attend for the full course or learning outcomes may not be met. Please note that late arrival may result in you not being admitted to the course. Leaving early may result in not being given a certificate of attendance.
The Safeguarding Board is now charging agencies for staff who fail to attend if we are not informed at least five working days before the course.
This includes participants who arrive late and are not admitted by the trainers or participants who on the day inform the trainers they need to leave early. The charge for this course would be £20 which would be requested at the end of the financial year.
Who should attend?
Staff from all agencies who are or may be a member of a child protection core group.
To book a place on this course please complete our online booking form.
Details of all the latest news from the Salford Safeguarding Children Partnership.