Multi-agency lunch bowl learning sessions
We are pleased to inform you that going forward, the SSCP will be coordinating multi-agency lunch bowls learning sessions which will be available to all agencies, particularly where the multi-agency workforce will benefit from the topics/information being shared in a bite sized way.
Lunch bowl sessions will be delivered via MS Teams and calendar invites containing the link will be sent out to organisational representatives of the SSCP including Training Champions. Agency representatives are asked to ensure you share the calendar invites with your teams across your agency/organisation.
All sessions can be accessed on a drop in/drop out basis so no formal booking on with the SSCP is required. Once you receive the calendar invite for the lunch bowl session, simply accept if you wish to attend and join. Any PowerPoints and relevant information from the session will be shared in the chat function and can be accessed afterwards.
All lunch bowls will be recorded and uploaded onto the SSCP YouTube page following the session, to access at any point to support workforce development. You can subscribe to follow our channel here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-cOwwXfiG_t_ejpY1wqZQ
Introducing Liquidlogic and our new referrals form
A lot of hard work has been happening behind the scenes to replace a number of systems currently used within Early Help, children’s social care and adult’s social care with a new system called Liquidlogic, which will go live on 10 August 2021. This will enable strengthening support to families and children across the city and work in a more joined-up way to meet the needs of residents and the increasingly digital world.
This system also includes a new portal for you to make referrals into the Bridge. You will continue to access this via the Salford City Council website, but the additional functionality will help improve the referrals process and provide children and families with the right help at the right time.
There will be regular updates in future editions of the SSCP bulletin as we move closer to Go Live, including a walk-through of the new referrals form. Please do keep your eyes peeled for those and if you have any questions, you can contact the project team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning from Practice Reviews
A recent case review highlighted the importance of understanding contextual safeguarding. Read the thematic Contextual safeguarding 7-Minute Briefing.
Volunteer Week 2021
Volunteers’ Week is a time to say thanks for the contribution millions of people make across the UK through volunteering. Join us this year to recognise the fantastic contribution volunteers make. (volunteersweek.org)
World Day for Cultural Diversity - May 21
Every year on May 21st, the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development urges everyone to do their part to bridge the gap between cultures. For further information visit World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development | United Nations
Useful Links to Training, Information and Resources
The SSCP has developed a Virtual Training Programme offering webinars, spotlight briefings, lunchbowls, practitioner forums and videocasts. Our training programme is complemented by e-learning courses, 7 minute briefings Learning from Practice Reviews, Learning Events and by subscribing our SSCP YouTube channel. We will continue to review the possibility of offering face to face training in line with Government advice and local needs.
- Visit also Salford Thrive for further Training, Resources and Events including Eating Disorders, Psychological First Aid, Mindfulness, Helping young people with anxiety, low mood and depression during Covid 19
- The Emotional Health Service Directory will help you access useful resources and services available to support children and young people's emotional health and well-being and to provide guidance when making a referral into services.
- To support us to become more aware of trauma and how we can support resilience across the City, take a look at The Salford Way which includes self care resources for taking care of ourselves and our colleagues.
- SSCP 7 Minute Briefings: Case 2021-02 and Case 2021-03
- SSAB 7 minute Briefings: Peter - Joint Safeguarding Adult Review and Domestic Homicide Review
- Domestic Abuse Awareness - Training, Information, 7 minute briefings and facts sheet
- Latest Greater Manchester policies Tri-X briefings, Tri-X Circular and Tri-X Resource Hub – includes The Domestic Abuse Act 2021
- Local supporting pathways and policies including Professional Challenge and Escalation Policy
- Lessons Learnt from Practice Reviews including Chronology guidance and Ecogram guidance
Other Updates and Information
- Salford Safeguarding Adult Board Latest News
- Early Help Newsletter (Winter 2021)
- COVID-19 VCSE Update: Response and recovery (3 June 2021)
- NSPCC Newsletter (24 May 2021)
- Child Safeguarding Practice Review Panel Newsletter
- GMCA News Bulletin (May 2021)
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Association (May 2021)
Details of all the latest news from the Salford Safeguarding Children Partnership.